We all know that going to a salon and getting a shampoo and blowout is a great way to have some you time and relax! But what are some other benefits of this service? Here are 5 reasons you should be getting a shampoo and blowout at least bi-weekly, if not weekly!
- It’s a good way to find a new salon & stylist! Test out a new place without a horrifying, costly color experience. This allows you to see the salon, test out all the stylists, & decide if the salon is your cup of tea. It’s also a good way to find a back-up stylist at your current salon if for some reason your stylist has to take leave or if something has come up in your personal life & you can’t make it in to your stylist. Some times seeing a new stylist for a shampoo & blowout is just the little change you need in your life.
- Lift your mood! It’s the best way to get excited about date night and a night out with the girls! After a long day, it is so easy to want to bail on plans you’ve made weeks, even months ago. Scheduling a shampoo & blowout is an awesome way to uplift your mood & get yourself pumped for the night out! Schedule a makeup appointment with it and you all you have to do is change clothes!
- Take your attitude from crab to fab! If you are always stressed or going through a stressful time, you are probably taking it out on others. All of us have been guilty of it at some point in our lives. Getting a blowout will help reduce stress, give you a boost of confidence, lift your mood, & makes your hair one less thing you have to worry about. Something about having someone else do your hair puts us in a better feel good mood. Others will notice the difference in your attitude and you may just see an increase of gift cards to your favorite salon!
- Everyone will see you in a different way! Even just alternating your hair from curly to wavy, or straight to curly every so often gets people looking & talking! Hair is one of the first things we notice. How many times have you made a comment to a co-worker who came to work with a slightly different style? We can’t help but want to say something when we see someone with a new style. And for that day their hair is styled different, we tend to see them differently. Maybe the style adds softness to their face so they seem more approachable. Or maybe it adds more of a rough look & we want to stay away (hey, find out which style keeps people away so you can skip out of work a little early on Fridays!). Either way we tend to see others with new dos in a different light. And it is not just co-workers who will take notice. Your significant other will take notice and I bet you’ll find your s.o. loves the spice up of different styles!
- It’s a good way to try new styles and products! If you have long hair and have been thinking about cutting it, have your stylist pin it up into a long bob or even a shorter bob look! You get to test out a new style without the commitment or need for extensions! It’s also a good way to learn how to style your hair different ways at home! Ask your stylist to style your short style in a new way. You may find that you like to switch the part up or teasing the sides of your bob gives it that more rounded, fuller look you’ve been trying to achieve. Ask your stylist to try different products on you. You may find that you get better results from a light hold cream than your mousse or hair spray! You never know until you try! And having new & different styles used on you at each visit means you don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars & throw away barely used products! Have your stylist write down the products & shampoo she/he used so that you can purchase & praise the products, or report back to your stylist that you did not enjoy them.
If these reasons are not convincing to get you in the salon weekly or bi-weekly for a shampoo & blowout, then maybe this last reason will get you to call your stylist. You won’t have to deal with shampooing and drying your hair yourself for one day. Take a load off and let someone else deal with your hair.
Do you have other reasons to hit the salon more often for a shampoo & blowout? Comment below and let me know!